PORTSMOUTH — Christmas is right around the corner, if you’re tired of the same old synthetic tree, you might consider a natural-cut tree instead. If you’re looking to chop down your own tree this year, there are many farms throughout the region that offer a variety of Christmas trees.
According to the USDA, almost all of the real Christmas trees sold in the U.S. are grown by U.S. farmers. On average, 25-30 million real trees are sold each year. This helps employ over 100,000 workers right here at home in all 50 states where Christmas trees are grown.
Here are just a few of those farms:
- Apsley Family Christmas Trees — 19704 St. Rt. 93, Wellston, OH, 45692. Call 740-288-4572 for more information or visit www.apsleytrees.com
- Crosley’s Tree Farm — 2862 Polk Hollow Rd, Chillicothe, OH, 4601. Call 740-775-6134 for more information.
- Dickess Tree Farm — 2888 County Rd. 61, Kitts HIll, OH, 45645. Call 740-867-4931 or visit www.kdickesstreefarm.com for more information.
- Holcomb Tree Farm — 30359 St. Rt. 143, Albany, OH, 45710. Call 740-698-5025 for more information or by visiting @holcombtreefarms on Facebook.
- Hutton-Loyd Tree Farms — 1483 Big Run Rd. Wallingford, KY, 41093. Call 606-876-3423 or visit www.hl-treefarm.com for more information.
- Miller’s Christmas Tree Farm — 1600 Eckmanville Rd., West Union, OH, 45693. Call 937-544-2220 for more information.
- Piney Grove Evergreens — 23470 Spencer Road, Ray, OH, 45672. Call 740-288-7882 or visit @pineygroveevergreens on Facebook for more information.
- Ruth’s Christmas Trees — 15147 Coolville Ridge Rd., Athens, OH, 45701. Call 740-591-1931 or visit @RuthsChristmasTrees on Facebook for more information.
- Way Farms — 403 East Emmitt Ave., Waverly, OH, 45690. Call 740-222-0179 for more information or visit www.way-farms.com for more information.
You can also visit www.ohiochristmastree.org to find a farm near you.
Reach Ciara Conley at 740-981-6977, Facebook “Ciara Conley - Daily Times,” and Twitter @PDT_Ciara.