WILBERFORCE — The second annual Minority, Women’s and Small Farmer’s Conference sponsored by the Central State University Cooperative Extension Service will be held April 7 – 8 at the university.
Conference track highlights include:
– Agriculture Finance: USDA funding opportunities; new and beginning farmers;
– Farm Management: Organic farming; pesticide certification;
– Sustainable Agriculture: Small farm programs; local foods systems;
– Urban Agriculture: Community gardening and urban farming; aquaponics/aquaculture; and
– Research and Extension: Healthy communities; carbon sequestration and soils.
Conference registration fee is $50. This includes the sessions, the April 7 (Friday) network reception, and April 8 (Saturday) continental breakfast and lunch. Registration is now open at CentralState.edu
The April 7 events run from 3 to 7 p.m. The April 8 events run 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Prior to the conference events April 7 Central State will hold its Land-Grant Community Day 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the CSU campus. It is free and open to all the communities the land grand program serves.
For information, call 937-376-6652.